Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Part 2 (?)

Hello again, I've updated the previous post (christmas, new years & birthday) with some pictures finally ^^;

While I was adding the pictures, I thought of other things I wanted to share, but instead of just adding to that post and making it super super long, I figured a new post would be easier for me ^^; So here goes..

Disneyland is at it's best during the holidays I believe, especially at night (: Even better if you can experience all the special holiday events
  • It's a Small World -- Holiday
  • Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle
  • A Christmas Fantasy Parade
  • Believe.. in Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular
  • Haunted Mansion Holiday
  • Fantasmic (no holiday version) on Tom Sawyer Island in Rivers of America
As mentioned before, Fantasmic was cancelled, as well as the fireworks part for Believe, but we did get to watch the Christmas Fantasy Parade! Of course, the sky was dark, and it was pretty difficult to take any good pictures (as my camera doesn't do very well in lowlight, unless your hands and the subject are SUPER SUPER SUPER extremely still for about 10 seconds) Also, I'm not the tallest girl out there, and there was a group of children in front of me and some adults that would stick their arms out randomly and get into my picture hahaha.

Cinderella and Prince Charming, was hard to capture the couples as they were continuously dancing, and rotating into the float, while the others danced around them (does that make any sense?)

The parade had many beautifully decorated floats (I couldn't get good shots of each one ><) with all the princesses and their princes, as well as characters from Winnie the Pooh, Pinocchio, Mickey Mouse & Friends (?? how do I call them? Goofy, Donald, etc?), as well as Holiday Characters like Snowmen/women, reindeer, Troop of Wooden Soldiers, etc and of course Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus
Pooh and Tigger were actually 'driving' the sleds they're sitting on! It was pretty cool, they'd do some criss-crossing and "race" and "crash" into each other, as well as stop and pose for pictures (: they didn't go too fast, so no worries! despite how slow the parade was, it was still hard to get decent pictures 

Everyone 'Awwed' when the snowman (woman? girl?) in pink made a super kawaii pose during their little dance. Also my mom's favorite of them all!

My "could have been a great picture" picture lol -- Snow White and her Prince

Ok so I was going to post more, but then I've gotten bored of the parade LOL -horrible-, the other pictures aren't that much better... the reindeer are kind of creepy looking, and the a blurry picture of Chip n Dale in their car, and Santa's back/shoulder - -; yeah so. It was really nice, and beautifully decorated, with wonderful music.

But all the people trying to "Get through to the other side" that were pushing and shoving and making us move for them was really irritating -- this was just before the parade began. We happened to be standing next to a churro-cart, and which was just a SMALL DISTANCE away from an opening in the roped-street (they were creating the path for the parade, and roped off the area for people to watch). I swear the opening was less than 1 city block away from where my mom, boyfriend, and I were standing -- yet they ALL insisted on pushing and shoving the people behind and around us to unhook the rope so they could walk into the cleared street.  A group of girls that had done this even said aloud after we let them through "Ohmygod why are they so angry for? xD..." Yet, I know I shouldn't say this, but the way she said that, makes me feel that 99% she would have been super pissed if she had 382409238408 people pushing her to get through when there's an opening a few paces away ~_~. Also what really irritated me was that, the group standing next to us, and a bit in front of us were mostly children.. SMALL children yet all these huge adults insisted on pushing through -- I'm sure many fingers were stepped on (the children were sitting on the ground waiting patiently). When we told these rude people we wouldn't move for them, they would say "but I have to get through" you don't HAVE to get through right here >_> BLAH. THAT OPENING WAS REALLY CLOSE, Y U NO LOOK A LITTLE BIT HARDER (rage sigh..)

Still blurry.. but it's the best we could get, if you don't look at the enlarged image, it's not too bad I think xD

But yeah ^^; The parade was nice... lolol OH and here is the castle that my boyfriend and I tried to take a picture of 2394823894739287 times since both of us don't seem to have steady hands hahaha

It's a Small World -- there's also a show thing that's projected onto the lighted area O: it's pretty cool, there's music that goes with it too! but it was too difficult to get a picture of it x_x, it would play every hour or so (maybe every 30 minutes?)

There were lots of themed wreaths in fantasyland, they looked much better IRL -- it was really hard to keep my hands steady >< sorry!

Finally, the last of the Disney pictures -- Sleeping Beauty Castle during the Believe.. in Holiday Magic show -- "snow" magically piling up on the roof of the castle, right before the magic snow started (: It's really a beautiful show .. I wish it wasn't so windy that day ): I'm sure the fireworks would have been awesome!

Disneyland was really wonderful, I hope I can go again next year!

For Christmas, my boyfriend got me:
my first ever Christmas Cake 「クリスマスケーキ」♥♥

Special Christmas version : Strawberry Shortcake (Japanese Style)

This cake was so pretty! I was super excited to eat it (: I really love this kind of strawberry shortcake, as it's not as sweet, though I love Asian pastry because they're much less sweet than non-Asian pastries. I didn't want to eat itt! It was too beautiful (But of course I did in the end xD..) 

It was absolutely delicious I hope I can learn to make it one day.

That's all for now (:

No comments:

Post a Comment