Thursday, December 15, 2011

Life Post

As for why I type out the Japanese equivalents --
  • If you're anything like me, I like to do more thorough searches by using both the English and Japanese name (like if I'm searching for recipes)
  • Sometimes the English equivalent isn't available (like on Restaurant Menus) and I've romanized it myself (hopefully correctly lol)
  • I've taken language courses and want to keep practicing so I can at least read the text more quickly and recognize characters more
What have I been up to recently?
Well, I just finished my last exams for the semester -- Yay!! And I've been to Little Tokyo (J-Town) so much recently, well.. only like 3 times this month? but omg! the last time I went was in like 5th grade hahaha.

Wax display of some of the menu items at the entrance

Two of the times we ate at Hanaichimonme「花いちもんめ」in Little Tokyo Plaza, the ramen there is actually pretty good. 
Hanaichi Ramen 「花いちラーメン」

I forgot the name of this set xD but it includes Hanaichi Ramen and shumai.

Shiratama zenzai「白玉ぜんざい」

Dessert: Shiratama zenzaiThree very cute plain round mochi with red bean. (I forgot to take a picture before we started eating it hahahaha! ._. sorry) This is so good! It's not too sweet, just right ♥♥♥ This came with the Maiko Set I ordered (Hanaichi Ramen with 2 inari zushi and small shiratamazenzai).

In Little Tokyo Plaza (which used to be Yaohan Plaza) the original Yaohan market changed to a Mitsuwa, which changed to what's now "Woori Market"  ( 금주세일? Market) Which is mostly a Korean market. And outside to my surprise (though only on the 2nd and 3rd trip, 1st time this wasn't there) was an Oishii Japan 「おいしい日本」Stand selling takoyaki 「たこ焼き」, imagawayaki 「今川焼き」, taiyaki 「たい焼き」, and a few others. I really wanted some but couldn't find any room in my stomach after we ate ): and couldn't bring myself to buy some takoyaki before eating lunch hahaha.

Later on, in my most recent trips, we went to Marukai, and I got these 2 cups for 1$ each !! I absolutely adore them. There were others that were also a dollar each, but I felt these two were best  Though I'm not sure whether the other Marukai stores carry these cups.

  • Both cups have inner diameter of 3 inches or about 76mm. Outer diameter 3 ¼ inch or about 82mm
  • Vertical height: 3 ½  inch or almost 90mm
  • Handle / Ear : 1 ¼ inch width or about 32mm width
  • Volume: a little more than 8oz or 240cc (240mL)
  • Microwave & Dishwasher safe
The measurements seem quite small, but in real life I think it feels larger than that.  Most standard packets of hot chocolate around here call for 6oz of boiling water (so little D: !!).

Hm... what else? Oh! and the glittery pink with black polka dot mirror (not available at the Little Tokyo Marukai) I mentioned a bit in a previous post -- Pretty&Cute is selling some similar mirrors that fold and unfold the same way! with 6 different prints, and various sizes. The size of my mirror is about 7¼" x 5½" , the largest available being sold there is 8" x 6", and the next largest is smaller than the one I own. Nonetheless they're really cute! I'm tempted to buy the light pink one, even though I bought 2 mirrors recently (lol what is this? what do I need 2 mirrors for?) 

Ok I know I'm going to be too lazy to add more pictures than what I need to put in this post, so I'll stop for now xD.

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment