Wednesday, December 7, 2011

More Shopping

Hey! So.... being the klutz I am, I lost my battery charger for my camera battery sigh sigh sigh hahaha, but alas! I've found it and so here are more.. recent purchases. During the month of December, my home seems to get a package every other day if not everyday hahaha (not just my purchases, but my family's as well). You know, the electronic signature thing that the postmen/women use? I don't know if it's just me, but my signature turns into something like ^^^^^^^  after signing ahaha


Okay! (long post ><) So, back in November Pretty&Cute had their black friday sale (25% off everything), and finally decided to take the plunge and purchase some false eyelashes and an eyelash adhesive.

Now, I've never worn false eyelashes, so I must admit I went a little overboard since I wasn't sure if I'd like them (the deal was too good D: !!). As I haven't tried all of them, and don't have much to compare to I will only say as much as I've observed (sorry ><) From Top left to right, then bottom left to right:
  • Dear Laura PA: eye-01 "Soothing Beauty" 
    • Black colored spine, criss-cross design, the band itself is shorter than the length of my eye (the length along the curve of my eyelid is about 15/16ths of an inch or just shy of 3cm) Seemed to blend well with my lashes.
  • Lioele: Doe-Eyed (double) 03
  • D-Up Eyelashes Fixer EX: 553 (black type)
    • Very sticky, and very black. I had some trouble removing it though, from both my skin and the lash band -- It detached easily when I ran a q-tip, soaked in makeup remover, along the band on my eyelid, but I had trouble getting the glue residue off the band. Possibly just user error, as I'm not experienced with lashes haha. Though I have tried the ardell duo lash grip, and that peeled off easily for me in piece. 
  • Koji Dolly Wink: No.1 Dolly Sweet
  • Koji Dolly Wink: No.2 Sweet Girly
  • Koji Dolly Wink: No.3 Natural Girly
  • Koji Dolly Wink: No.4 Feminine Style
Ok so I've only made a few attempts, and have learned that I'm quite terrible at putting on false lashes hahaha.  
Another thing I noticed was that Dolly Wink 1 and 2 are longer width-wise compared to 3 and 4. I didn't purchase the lower lashes as my lower lashes, with just 1 coat of mascara, become as long and dark as my upper lashes and then I start to feel my face looks really weird ^^;


And so after messing around with the eyelashes, I noticed I was running really low on makeup remover. For a  while now I'd been looking at Mandom's Cleansing Express bottles over in Mitsuwa and Marukai and was really curious about it -- then lo and behold, XiaXue did an advertorial on the line (though under it's new name Bifesta) I purchased the Bright Up version, rather than the Sebum version despite my oily combination skin. I can't say whether I made the right choice xD, I figured my skin is going through some major changes atm (I've gone from being super super oily, to having patches of dry skin on my face, and developing eczema on my body ><) and also, my skin has always been a bit dull so.. yeah xD

This remover is water based (!!!) I really disliked the oily residue and sheen left behind with other makeup removers, especially since my eyelids tend to get oily on the fold of my double eyelid.  It seems to work just as well as my previous remover (the cheap blue colored kind where you shake it).

This remover is a pump bottle (much like lotion or hand soap bottles) that also has a plastic lock for the neck that's can be taken off before use and easily snaps back on to the neck once you're done. This lock is used for many japanese products, and I absolutely love it! I'm extremely clumsy so something I'll some how press the pump (wtf ? I know..) and will waste product without meaning to! What I like about this remover:
  • Water based, feels like water -- not thick or filmy
  • Pump bottle rather than pour (can press down slowly to regulate amount that comes out as well)
  • Don't have to shake the bottle
  • No smell (I'm a bit sensitive to scents, though most removers I've used don't smell like anything)
This remover may be a bit expensive though due to being imported -- If I recall correctly, I got it for about 11$ though I've seen it online for 15-17$.

The CS-Being facial cotton is quite soft, was $2.xx, 110 squares. It's quite soft, but I feel it could still be softer, they're quite fluffy and can be peeled in half (so it's like 2 sheets in 1?), the fibers run in 1 direction so if you pull against the grain, the square will stretch a bit, and if you pull along the grain it'll rip in half. Also the package is perforated lengthwise along the front, so you can open it that way (much like the plastic menstrual pad packages).

another view & ingredients: 1,2

Lioele Powdery Sun Chiffon (also purchased from Pretty&Cute)
  • SPF 50
  • Fluffy mousse texture, spreads easily
  • Absolutely not oily, sticky, or greasy feeling; matte-like finish
  • Can work as a primer (feels that way to me at least)
  • Shiny mirror-like lid (minor distortion in reflection)
  • Comes with inner-lid, and spatula (sadly spatula does not fit inside)
  • Very soft slightly powdery, barely floral scent (I want to say it's similar to the smell of Sanrio stores lol)
  • Lasts fairly long time (little goes a long way)
Ok, so I absolutely love this sunscreen, I didn't purchase two, the set on the left is actually the EMPTY jar that I finished. I've noticed that my skin, for some reason turns really dark o_o on its own throughout the day, It's really strange lol, but using this really helps my skin from changing color both from the sun and.. for reasons unknown (dirt & oil already taken into consideration, it happens after I shower too and stay in my clean bathroom o.o!).

The spatula (the straight one as shown) is really good and helps keep everything sanitary, but I really wish Lioele provided one that would fit between the 2 lids. The curved spatula shown in the picture is similar to the one you can find at Sephora, which fits perfectly! So yeah I really recommend this product! Super recommend it if I could! The scent is very faint, and can't be detected once applied. (oh, also on the container there should be a plastic seal around the sides that has a perforated section, so yeah!)

and so.. I'll end this one for now, it's so long D: I have troubles being concise sorry ><

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment